Liquid Laundry Detergent
Kirk's remedies and recipes are suggestions provided by customers like you and are in no way guaranteed to work for all.
- 1 quart boiling water
- 2 cups grated Kirk's Coco Castile soap (Original or Fragrance Free)
- 2 cups Borax
- 2 cups washing soda
- 2 gallons warm water
- Grate Kirk's Coco Castile soap (Original or Fragrance Free) with cheese or vegetable grater.
- Add finely grated Kirk's bar soap to boiling water and stir until soap is melted. You can keep on low heat until soap is melted.
- Pour the soap water into a large, clean pail.
- Add Borax and washing soda to pail and stir until all is dissolved.
- Add 2 gallons of additional warm water, stir until well mixed.
- Cover pail and use 1/4 cup for each load of laundry.
- Stir the soap each time you use it as solution will gel overtime.
- Add your favorite essential oil for added fragrance. We recommend Lavender, Lemon, Lime or even Eucalyptus!
- Try our Fragrance Free bar to eliminate fragrance for those with sensitive skin.